Hi friends, today in this post we’ll see the Capgemini exam pattern as well as the Capgemini syllabus 2023. If you want to land your dream job in the Capgemini but you don’t know where to get started, then you’re at the right place. Here we’ll provide you with the exact Capgemini exam pattern so that you can prepare well for your upcoming exam conducted by Capgemini. But before getting started we’ll let you know some information about Capgemini.
Table of Contents
What is Capgemini?
Capgemini is a French multinational Information Technology service provider as well as a software consulting company. Its headquarters are situated in the capital of France i.e Paris. Capgemini was founded by Serge Kampf in the year 1967. It is among the top 10 MNC companies in India in terms of IT service providers and campus recruitments. Every year Capgemini hires more freshers as well as experienced software developers. Nearly 2 lakh+ employees are currently working in Capgemini still they’re hiring more and more employees each year.
Each year the Capgemini hires employees by conducting on campus as well as off-campus. They organized 12-week college hiring programs which are especially for BSc graduates as well as entry-level graduates.
Capgemini DCs are situated in the various parts of our country, therefore, the recruitments are done across pan India. So in this post, we’re going to see how the Capgemini recruitment process is done and what is the actual exam pattern.
Capgemini Exam Pattern
Recently the Capgemini has changed its exam pattern in the month of March. The main changes they’ve done are in the no of rounds and the entire flow of the selection process. The candidate who wants to land his dream job in the Capgemini then he or she has to clear a total of three rounds. The first round is Online Written Test, the Second one is Technical Interview and the third one is an HR Interview.
- 1st Round: Online Written Test
- 2nd Round: Technical Interview
- 3rd Round: HR Interview
The first round i.e Online Written Test is subdivided into 4 sections. The four sections are mentioned below:
- Pseudo Code.
- English Communication Test.
- Aptitude Test which is Game-Based.
- Behavioral Competency Profiling Test.
The candidate has to clear the previous round to get qualified for the next round. Capgemini also asks some coding questions for different profiles. You’ll get 75 minutes to solve 3 questions.
Capgemini Exam Patten For 2023
|Capgemini Online Test Syllabus||Questions|
|Pseudo Code||30 Min, 30 Questions|
|English Communication Test||30 Min, 30 Questions|
|Game Based Aptitude Test||20-24 Min, 4 Games|
|Behavioral Competency Test||20 Min, 100 Questions|
Note: The number of questions and the provided time to solve those questions may get vary depending upon college or university.
Eligibility Criteria For Capgemini Pooled Campus Drive
Before applying to the pooled campus drive of Capgemini you must check whether you are eligible for this drive or not. To check the eligibility you must consider the below points:
- The candidates must be graduating in the current year only.
- Candidates’ scores should not be less than 60% in 10th, 12th as well as in Graduation.
- B. Tech and the Engineering graduates should have a minimum of 60% and above during their graduation i.e 7 semesters aggregate.
- The Candidates should be graduating in the fields of Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Science, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Communication, Telecommunication, and Instrumental Engineering.
- MCA, BE and BTech graduates can apply.
- Candidates who are pursuing ME or MTech should be from Information Technology, Computer Science, and Information Science Branches only.
- All the candidates should have excellent English written, speaking, and communication skills.
Eligibility Criteria for Capgemini Off Campus Drive
- The Candidates who are graduating in the current year are eligible to apply.
- They must have scores greater than 50% in 10th, 12th as well as in Graduation.
- Candidates who are graduating from MCA, BE, BTech, and MTech is eligible.
- The Students from all the streams are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have scores greater than 50% which should be an aggregate of 8 semesters.
Capgemini Placement Negative Marking
There is no negative marking in the marking procedure of Capgemini. All the candidates have to clear each and every round to get their dream job in Capgemini. The average cut-off for each round goes above 70%.
The difficulty level of each and every round fluctuates between medium to hard which is not predictable. If you want to clear each and every round then you’ve to practice more and more questions which are asked in the previous years.
Now we’ll see the in-depth Capgemini Exam Pattern as well as Capgemini Syllabus.
In-Depth Capgemini Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The First round of Capgemini which is an Online Written Test is subdivided into 4 sections which are:
1. Pseudo Code:
30 Questions are asked and you’ve to solve all the 30 questions in 30 minutes only.
2. English Communication Test:
Same 30 Questions are asked for which 30 minutes are given.
3. Game-Based Test:
4 Games you’ve to solve out of 24 and the time given is 20 to 24 minutes.
4. Behavioral Test:
100 Questions are given and you’ve to solve them in 20 minutes approx.
Note: The Capgemini conducts an extra coding Test for Senior Analyst Post where two questions are asked and the time given is 45 minutes.
Capgemini Syllabus for Pseudo Code
This is the first section of the Online Written Test which checks the basic IT and basic programming concepts of the candidate. This round is also called an elimination round because if you clear this section then only you’ll be eligible for the next sectional round.
A total of 25 questions are asked and the time given is 25 minutes. According to our research out of 25 questions, 10 questions are based on Data Structures and the other 15 questions are based on Algorithms. The difficulty level of all the questions is medium-hard. There is no negative marking scheme and your webcam should be on while attempting the test.
The test is based on the following topics:
Capgemini English Communication Test
After clearing the first section clearly the candidates are eligible for the second section which is English Communication. This test is also an MCQ based and the main motive of this test is to test the grammatical and vocabulary of the candidate. Each question will have 4 options in which you’ve to choose one option for each question.
A total of 30 questions will be asked and you’ve to solve all the questions in 30 minutes. The topics which you’ve to learn for this section are:
- Synonyms and Antonyms.
- Para Jumbles
- Critical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Completion
- Fill in the blanks etc
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Idioms and Phrases
- Spotting Errors
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Pronoun Antecedent Agreement etc
Game-Based Aptitude Test
The candidates who successfully clear the English communication test are eligible for the game-based aptitude test. This is the third section of the 1st Round in which 24 games are given and you’ve to select any 4 games to solve in 20 minutes.
The game-based aptitude test may contain the following based questions:
- Inductive Logical Thinking: mainly visual reasoning-based questions are asked in which you’ve to identify the pair of the figures with the same rule.
- Deductive Logical Thinking: GeoSudo Challenge in which you’ve to find the missing symbol on Geometrical Sudoku.
- Grid Challenge: Generally for testing the multitasking ability of the candidate.
- Motion Challenge: The ability to plan ahead is tested.
- Switch Challenge: Find the correct code with the help of input and output.
- Digit Challenge: Solve mathematical operations in the described way etc.
Capgemini Behavioral Competency
This is the new section recently added by the Capgemini which is the same as the Psychometric test. This section doesn’t have right and wrong answers because the answers which you choose that will defines you as a person. Behavioral Competency might be a hard section for you that’s why you should be careful during choosing the answers.
Basically, the questions asked are based on real-life situations. You’ll be given some situations and they’ll ask what will you do in such situations in the form of options. Sometimes the questions come in the form of pairs and you’ve to choose the statements in which you’re suitable.
Below are some topics on which the questions might come:
- Speaking skills
- Adaptation style
- Emotional Control
- Interaction Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Leadership Qualities
- Ability to solve issues
- Ethics and Principles etc
This sectional round is only for the candidates who are applying for the Senior Analyst Post. Mainly 2 questions are asked and you’ve to solve both questions in 45 minutes. The syllabus for this section is:
- Data Structures
- Fundamentals of Programming etc
Technical Interview Round Syllabus
After clearing the first round i.e Online Written Test the candidates will be called for Technical Interviews. If you’ve cleared the first round then the Capgemini hiring team will send you an email which will consist of the venue and the documents which you’ve to carry with you.
The interviewer will take only 15 to 20 minutes of interviews. He’ll ask you questions based on your interest and the projects which you’ve mentioned in your CV. The interviewer will ask 4 to 5 questions which are based on the following topics:
- Data Structures.
- Structured Query Language(SQL)
- Operating Systems
- OOP’s Concepts
- Regarding the project mentioned in your CV.
- Question-based on C, C++, Java, Python languages.
The type of Technical questions they might ask are:
- Explain the OOPS concepts?
- What do you mean by Polymorphism in Java?
- Explain the concept of data hiding in Java?
- How many types of No SQL databases are there in the market?
- Write a program of Fibonacci Series in C language?
- What are selectors in CSS?
- Describe the concept of autoboxing and unboxing in Java?
HR Interview Round Syllabus
The candidates who cleared the Technical interview round will be called for the HR interview round i.e third round. This is the final round of the Capgemini Exam Pattern. After clearing this round you’ll be an eligible employee of the Capgemini. The HR team selects the right candidate based on the following qualities:
- Confidence in that candidate.
- Quick Learning Skills.
- His or Her Communication & Verbal Skills.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good Team Mate.
The HR Interviewer might ask the following questions in the interview:
- Describe yourself in short?
- Tell me your strength and weakness?
- What do you know about Capgemini?
- Where do you are seeing yourself in the upcoming 10 years?
- Do you have any job offers from another company?
- What is your expected CTC?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q.1 How many selection rounds are there in Capgemini?
Ans: A total of three rounds are conducted by Capgemini. First-round is an online writing Test, Second Technical Interview, and the Third HR Interview.
Q.2 How many sections does the Online Writing Test have?
Ans: Mainly 4 sections but if you’re applying for a higher position then a total of 5 sections are conducted.
Q.3 Which are the Capgemini Written Test subsectional Rounds?
Ans: Pseudo Code, Game-based test, Communication Test, Behaviour Competency test.
Q.4 How many questions will be asked in the Capgemini test?
Ans: A total of 160 questions will be asked. 30 Pseudocode, 100 Behavioral Competency Tests, 30 English communication Tests, and 4 Game-based questions.
Q.5 What is the difficulty level of the exam?
Ans: The difficulty level of the exam is medium-difficult.
In this way, we’ve seen the exact Capgemini Exam Pattern with the Capgemini Syllabus. If you’ve any doubts then please feel free to contact us we’ll reach back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks and Happy Coding 🙂